A2Z Challenge: D is for DJ Waley Babu

DJ वाले बाबू मेरा गाना चला दो 
DJ वाले बाबू मेरा गाना चला  दो 
DJ वाले बाबू मेरा गाना चला  दो 
गाना चला दो, गाना चला दो 

The boy aka Cutlet Kumar had put in an appearance in to our lives by September 2014. By the time this song came out in 2015, he had begun to sit by himself and wriggle his hips. He has forever had a ear for music but when this song came up on TV he would just go mad. In whatever way he could communicate, he would ask for the song be played and then move enthusiastically to it. 

This boy I tell you, is different. You know how they say that we are all made up of stardust. I do truly believe that he is from a far superior grade of material. Do you think I might be biased? Might be. Just a little bit. Abir is extremely alive. More alive than I have ever seen people or even kids to be. I don't really know how to explain it but I can see it when he is paying attention, when he is listening closely.

While he can be all adorable and amazing, he can also be a brat! He doesn't let me talk to my mother over a phone call indwell try to jump on to my head if we are on a video call, in an attempt to finish the call sooner. He will not let go of a thing till the time the whole family has succumbed to his wishes. He will upturn his lower lip or pout and let me know that I have upset him somehow. And very often he will ask for a certain loud number to be played over and over again and jump on the well made beds and pull all the sofa cushions on the floor and call it dancing.

He has now forgotten the DJ wale babu song and moved on to newer ones like Chalti Hai Kya Nau Se Baara and Aankh Maare but his enthusiasm remains unbound and I hope it continues to be like that forever. 

Comments

A Lady Lawyer said…
My son loves Aankh Marey and Chalti Hai Kya too... looks like they have a similar taste in music!
www.nooranandchawla.com
Rethink Mindful said…
Haha lovely post Anandika. I really loved the name Cutlet kumar! So adorable.
sivaranjini said…
The topic of the post made me visit and it was a good read.
sivaranjini said…
The topic of the post made me visit and it was a good read.
Haha...love his choice of songs..and he looks super cute
amu said…
Seems like that Noor! I hope their lives are filled with melody and a song forever and ever.
amu said…
Thank you Swarnali! Yes that is a cute name that just happened to him one fine day.
amu said…
Thank you for your time Sivranjani!
amu said…
Thank you Esha! This has been a fav song for the longest possible time in our house.

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different