A2Z that was and wasn't


I participated in the Blogchatter A2Z on almost the last minute. I was not confident about my ability to write a blogpost everyday. I have been at blogging for donkey's years now but consistency, well, who knows what that is.

I signed up with a lot of trepidation for sure and made no promises to myself yet when I uploaded my last post on alphabet Z, I could not but smile at the journey I had undertaken via these posts. They say that you should write about something that you are a master of. I have been parenting for more than a decade and having really not studied anything dedicatedly in my whole life ( Jack of all trades was coined for yours truly) did not actually have a subject to write upon.

Well, so I set out with the first alphabet- A. As could be expected with my first alphabet I woke up to the need of being organised and prepared for the herculean challenge. Anyway, that is the way things are with me. Always in the retrospective. But finish I did the 26 alphabets over 26 days. I wanted to pour out my heart about my ups and downs as a parent. I wanted to start conversations about raising kids beyond their toddler years- a topic which I see talked about at every turn. I wanted to talk about kids beyond the age of 8,9 and 10 and what parental grief and strife looks like while sailing through these years.

I am happy to report that I gloriously failed. There were a few readers (and to whom I am eternally grateful for being beacons of light) who left a comment or two saying how they echoed my sentiment and pain but nothing more. Unfortunately I could not read and comment as widely as I had wanted, having loved some voices since I took up the MyAlexa challenge with some of the people. We can easily blame it on the lockdown and my hands being full but I can't deny the role played by an erratic Wordpress login and my own time management skills.

And now there is the E-book carnival looming large. I have signed up much before the deadline. I have the script (ready since 2013 from before when life as we knew ceased to exist) but will I be able to finish it and submit before the deadline, that remains to be seen because I have never been known for doing the things in either the right order or at the right time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different