Keeping little people busy with some help

You must have heard the saying that it takes a village to raise a kid. Well, as a mother of two, living in a nuclear family I can very much give it the certificate of being 100 per cent correct and on point. Raising kids is so much on so many levels that nobody can single handedly do it. Be it not knowing things about children and their wants or be it about coping with your own emotions when babies, kids are the only people you seem to be seeing and speaking to all the while. As parents we need all the help we can.

My elder one who is going to be 12 in just a jiffy is soon going to be appearing for her Class 6 exams. We are channeling manis (maternal grandmothers) from every corner of the world to teach her whatever they can. My mother shoulders Science and Social Studies, while my mother's younger sister is doing Maths with her over video calls on WhatsApp. And yet another one is sending her some special supplements from afar to ensure that her health does not take a backseat. Everyone is pitching in with whatever they can do, wherever they are.

But though my entire families behaving as if its them who are going to take the exams in less than a week, there is one little fellow who has been having a ball, what with all the attention focussed away from him- my 4 year old son.

I have been struggling to keep him occupied with something so that he doesn't ask for the phone or reach out for the TV remote, or any other screen for that matter when I am busy with the chores or my daughter. It was during one such crazy day of chasing my tail thinking of something new to keep him busy, that I got an email from Jessica Lightle at education.com. She offered to send me a worksheet which I could simply print out and hand to my boy for solving. After that first worksheet I went up to the website and was mighty impressed with the line up they have there for kids in preschool to Class 5. The website also helps you pick up sheets based on a topic which you might want to practice with your kid, suggests fun activities to do with them like making The Cat in the Hat, hat and has song videos. I came across the term ' safe space to try' while surfing this website and I think I agree to it.

So if you are a young mum or old, and are looking at innovative ways to keep your little ones engaged, give education.com a shot. Start with he one here and you can find more here.



----------------
I am taking my blog to the next level with #MyFriendAlexa Challenge by BlogChatter.

Comments

Supriti said…
Wow.. my son is 4 and i immediately checked out the website. It is amazing and thank u so much for this.. Ek maa ke dil ki dua hai..sach mein! :)
amu said…
Thank you Supriti. So sweet of you. Hope these really help you spend special time with your little one.
Rajesh Kumar said…
I am trying to teach kids solving the Rubik cube to keep them busy and entertained.
Srishti said…
My niece is 5 and she is very naughty. Going to share it with my sister in law. Thanks for the great work.
Srishti said…
My niece is 5 and she is very naughty. Going to share it with my sister in law. Thanks for the great work.
Prerna Wahi said…
This is a great way to keep kids engaged. It enhances brain development and is fun at the same time. Thanks for sharing!
amu said…
Very happy to know that you found this helpful Prerna. Thanks for stopping by to read it.
amu said…
I hope your niece has fun with these Srishti. Thanks for stopping by to read it. Cheers!
Jayanthi said…
Seems to be an engaging way to keep little kids busy...thankfully mine are grown! :)
Thank you for sharing this. With my husband posted in a different city, I am single handedly bringing up my just turned 4yr old. Though I have support from my father and in-laws alternately, I prefer to be a hands on mum. This kind of intelligent activities are perfect for my hyper active son.
Trapti said…
Awesome way to keep your kids busy😊
Kinshoo Agrawal said…
Checking it out asap. I really need to keep him busy after schools and hate to let him watch cartoons.
Swiddle D'Cunha said…
Will check it out for my daughters.
Aanandika said…
Thanks for reading Jayanthi!
Aanandika said…
Aww ..Hugs Sonia! I hope this and more on there website is of grear=t help to you in keeping your little one busy.
Aanandika said…
isn't it ? Thanks Trapti!
Aanandika said…
Yes Kinshoo, I have a 4 year old son and this seems to engage him for at least some time. That is a win enough for me. Hope you find www.education.com useful as well.
Pr@Gun said…
Thanks for sharing this info
Guess what even my 12-year-old is appearing for his first term exams and his dad in other city is helping from phone and mails, nani being lecturer is helping solve biology and physics and me at this end is handling all. But my younger one is 8 so this time busy in his own studies. Wish I had known this when he was 4-5 year old. Would like to know of any site for helping me keeping myself organized with home duties, as well as studying.
#PraGunReads #MyFriendAlexa
Geethica said…
These puzzles and maze worksheets are wonderful. I bought a book but my son was pretty bored because his elder sister was busy preparing for our exams. Downloading worksheet seems to be a better option I guess
Arushi Seth said…
Thanks for the recommendation. My daughter is 3 and this website seems amazing. Thanks again. I am sure all moms will thank you for this.
amu said…
I hope you get the help that you are looking for, soon PraGun!
amu said…
Yes, seems more economical too Geethica. Hope you find them useful!
amu said…
Happy to hear that Arushi, I hope you find something useful on the website.
All moms are blessing u for this beautiful share.I used to make sheets and give it to my preschoolers you have made the job so easy.Thanks once more.
Unknown said…
Being a teacher I am also planning something to do for children online. After reading your post I can make out what is the need for an hour
About Us said…
Simple educative and informative article thanks publsiher for sharing this informative article. I have bookmarked this blog for future visit I have shared this article on my blog

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different