A2Z Challenge: C is for Choti si Pyari si

छोटी सी प्यारी सी नन्ही सी आयी कोई परी
भोली सी न्यारी सी अच्छी सी आयी कोई परी

If this isn't hint enough, I am going to talk about my daughter in this post. This child gave me the exalted status of Mummy. I will probably be more famous as Netra ki Mummy than anything else at the time.


Netra, my 12 year old daughter, was born after a difficult pregnancy and that has been the easiest part so far. She is a sweet, gentle and generous child at, and I have complete strangers stopping me in mid-way or calling me up, to tell me how she has offered help seeing them in a tough spot. Sometimes she has held doors for the, sometimes helped carry their bags, soothe their child and at others just greet them, every time she sees them in the complex, in the lift or on the road.

This very child can be very stubborn, adamant and exasperating preteen several times a day. As all of us, she is full of contradictions and I had a very difficult time learning how to be okay with that. It is still a battle thatI haven't conquered completely. Bringing up Netra has been a learning journey, one during which I keep questioning and doubting myself. We struggle from time to time, for every and any thing. Sometimes shout and at others hurl things (lest you be alarmed- pillows, stuffed toys, pencils and the like) at each other. We kiss and makeup as soon as we fight and we are each other's biggest advocates and defenders too.

My husband often says that we are more like siblings than a mother-daughter duo. Often I wonder why. The relationship between me and my mother wasn't like that. So I do know that what we have is something unusual. I often think how will we be when Netra grows up. Will we still disagree to see eye to eye on a million big and small things. Would I have made peace with being left alone or leaving her to her own self? Never found an answer to that but another song that gives me heart and hope.

Que Sera Que Sera
What will be, will be.  

Daughters are magical creatures. They are the light and often the laughter of the house. Having a daughter is a precious gift. I know it because I was hoping to get another one with my second pregnancy but instead a certain DJ Waley Babu ji landed in our lives. Join me tomorrow to find out how he adds high pitch and feverish excitement to our lives. 

Comments

She is adorable...god bless her
amu said…
Thank you so much Esha!

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different