Book Review: You Are Mine by Miranda Rijks

You Are Mine by Miranda Rijks is a spell binding thriller which I managed to read in a span of two days. I doubt if it would have taken me even that much time, had I not been a mother of two and a little unwell.

This is a story about obsessive love. Rupert, rather Sir Rupert has spent a long time, looking for a perfect woman to marry and eventually manages to find one. Now all that remains is to make her see how alike they are and make her realise that she has to love him completely with her heart, body and soul. And he will not let anything stand in the way of fulfilling his.... their destiny.

You Are Mine is gripping and engaging as you really don't know what to expect rom the next few pages. I had recently seen the very brilliant series "You" on Netflix and that kind of made my imagination even more proactive in conceiving the scenes as the story progressed, though both- this book and the series (also based on a psychological thriller) are very different from each other. Add to this the fact that the chapters aren't very long and aid fast reading. Maybe this was the reason my heart paced when I had to unwillingly put the book down to attend to the mundane chores of everyday life.

Although if you were to really ask me one special  thing about the book then I would have to point towards the most basic - the writing. I found it to be fluid and never wavering away from the task at hand. It did not make me want to skip pages and get to the story whether the author described a flat or a mansion where the story takes place or wrote about the dead boyfriend of our heroine Charlotte Aldridge.

It was  my first outing with the author Miranda Rijks and I do look forward to reading some more of her work. A big thanks to #NetGalley for my copy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different