1. Write: I had almost stopped writing. Writing for pleasure that is, so I am setting a goal of writing minimum of 500 words everyday. In addition to that I will look harder for opportunities for doing columns in newspapers, magazines, e-zines.
2. Read: As I summarised my year 2012, I realised that I had hardly read a thing. I won 5 books in various contests on twitter but I have not yet read them all. Also I have been at The Last Mughal for a very very long time. I intend to finish it within this month. Also the fact that I want to make a place for myself as a story-teller I commit to reading more short stories, long stories, novels, novellas and authors and not just think about them. Hence I will also make a reading list and see what all I have crossed out before the year turns.
3. Blog: I am going to be more regular with the blog. I have neglected for too long and in that I have also neglected taking down notes on life, of life so instead of a scribble at twitter I will record my awesomeness alongside stories, observations and insights on the blog.
4. Fiction: By the grace of Almighty I will be a published author before the year ends. I am going to ensure that I have more than just that one book to my name and hence will read, write and record with a rekindled passion.
5. Walk: Walking has made a comeback and I will walk more. Walk. Walk. Walk.
6. Talk: I will make effort to seek people and hear their stories. I have met a few interesting people and would like to know them better so I commit to putting myself out there and making the effort to know them better and have conversations with them.
7. Listen: I will listen to myself. I will not shut myself out or become hard to approach.
8. Travel: This one is more of a hope. I hope I get to travel a lot in this year and have new lessons to share and store.
9. Breathe: I have noticed that I often forget to breathe. I hold my breath for long without realising what I am doing. So I will re-learn to breathe as also try and take a deep breathe before losing my cool.
Have I forgotten something? What are your goals? Please share, I would love to listen.