Not now, not here

It was here just now.
This idea that I wanted to write out.
This story I wanted to tell the world.

It was here just when
The door bell rang
And a bunch of chirpy girls
Tumbled in
Bringing laughter and demanding snacks

It was here just
When the cooker called from the kitchen
When the doodh-wala came to ask for his dues
When the neighbour rang to ask for spare potatoes
When the guard called a wrong number to announce guests
When the friend pinged on gmail

It was here, in my head
Then for a while
It swam in front of my eyes
Getting hazier with every passing moment
And I chased it
as I read the newspaper
as I sipped my tea
as I watered my three potted plants
as I sat in the loo trying to recall it
as I watched a serial, about the best surgeons in the US

I failed to grasp it
Simply could not clasp it

Now it won't return
Says has another concern
About others in the fraternity
For them it worries and asks me
'Whether they will find a voice
Or will it too become
homeless like me?'

Comments

deeps said…
did i fail to grasp it as well? i think so
amu said…
An idea or the poem, Deeps?
Musings said…
Nice. All my ideas come to me in sleep and wander away in the morning!

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different